As part of the St. Christophorus Community Deutschstunde Inc.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I,……………………………………………………………, have enrolled …………………………………………………………..(“student/s”) to participate in German lessons with Deutschstunde Inc. and agree to the following terms and conditions.
- The German classes run by Deutschstunde Inc. are designed for students to attend with their parent or guardian to allow the student/s to learn and develop their knowledge of German in an informal and interactive environment.
- I acknowledge that it is a requirement of attending that participants give their full attention to the classes and do not engage in any behaviour which is disruptive or disrespectful of other participants or of other people using the facilities in which the classes are held.
- All participants must be ready to begin the German class at the scheduled time. If any student is late in arriving they must join the class with the minimum of disturbance to other participants. Deutschstunde Inc. will make every effort to start each class on time and adhere to the timetable but reserves the right to change and alter classes as necessary.
- I agree to pay all fees in full at the time of booking. I understand that spaces in each program may be limited and I will only secure the student’s place once the fees are paid.
- I agree to sign in on the attendance sheets at reception every time we attend the centre.
- Deutschstunde Inc. reserves the right to refuse entry, suspend or cancel participation in a program without refund, or request any person to leave the premises if that person does not behave in a responsible manner, uses abusive language, or does not adhere to the general conditions of entry.
- Participants may cancel their enrolment in a program subject to the following:
a. all cancellations must be in writing;
b. if you cancel more than 5 days before the program commences, although Deutschstunde Inc. is not obliged to give you a refund, we may choose to give you a refund or a credit note (in whole or in part) depending on the circumstances of the cancellation;
c. if you cancel within 5 days or less of the program commencing or once the program has commenced, Deutschstunde Inc. may in its sole discretion choose to give you a credit note (in whole or in part) unless it is required by law to give you some other relief;
d. Deutschstunde Inc. may, unless required otherwise by law, withhold a $50 administrative fee from any refund or credit note.
- If you want a child other than the student to attend a class you must have the approval of Deutschstunde Inc.. Deutschstunde Inc. may refuse to give approval or withdraw its approval at any time without supplying a reason.
- It is essential that at all times you supervise the student and any other children in your care who are approved to be on the premises at which the program is conducted. In particular:
a. you must not leave children under the age of 10 unattended at any time;
b. students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 16 years;
c. children must not play in the car park in front of the church;
d. outside the hall, children are only allowed in the passage between the hall and the church;
e. children must not play outside the classroom at the back of the church;
f. inside the hall, children are not allowed on the stage, in the kitchen, on the stairs or on the upstairs gallery;
g. children must not play in the toilets or in the entry area;
h. no running games are allowed inside the hall;
i. school-age children must not ride on the small play vehicles as these toys are for preschool children during the Spielgruppe meeting time only.
Deutschstunde Inc. requests that you remind other children of the above rules if they are near you.
- I agree to pay for all food and drink provided by Deutschstunde Inc. or by St. Christophorus.
- I agree not enter the kitchen without authorisation and acknowledge that only participants assisting with meals and clean-up are authorised.
- Parking spaces in front of the church are limited to teachers and organisers, the Pfarrer and for possible emergency vehicle access.
- I understand that Deutschstunde Inc., the teachers and the property owner are not responsible for any damage or loss to me or the student or any other person attending a class with me or to any of our possessions while we are on the premises where the classes are conducted. I, release and discharge Deutschstunde Inc. and each of the teachers from all liability, claims, demands, losses or damages on my account caused in whole or in part by any releasee, including by their negligence and I agree to indemnify the releasees against any such liability, claims, demands, losses or damages in the event anyone makes a claim against them.
I have read and understood the above terms and conditions and agree to abide by them and the policies and procedures of the owner of the premises where the classes are conducted.
Please help Deutschstunde run safely and smoothly.