TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I (parent/carer)……………………….. have enrolled my son/daughter ………………………………….. to participate in German lessons with Deutschstunde Inc. and agree to the following terms and conditions.
- The German classes run by Deutschstunde Inc. are designed for students to learn and develop their knowledge of German in an interactive environment.
- I acknowledge that it is a requirement of attending that students give their full attention to the classes and do not engage in any behaviour which is disruptive or disrespectful of other students or people using the facilities in which the classes are held.
- All students must be ready to begin the German class at the scheduled time. If any student is late in arriving, they must join the class with the minimum of disturbance to other students. Deutschstunde Inc. will make every effort to start each class on time and adhere to the timetable but reserves the right to change and alter classes as necessary.
- I agree to pay all fees in full when invoiced. I understand that spaces in each program may be limited and that a student’s place will only be secured once fees are paid in full.
- Deutschstunde Inc. reserves the right to refuse entry, suspend or cancel participation in a program without refund, or request any person to leave the premises if that person does not behave in a responsible manner, uses abusive language, or does not adhere to the general conditions of entry.
- Participants may cancel their enrolment in a program subject to the following:
a. All cancellations must be in writing.
b. If I cancel more than 5 days before the program commences, Deutschstunde Inc. is not obliged to give me a refund but may choose to give a refund or a credit note (in whole or in part) depending on the circumstances of the cancellation.
c. If I cancel within 5 days or less of the program commencing or once the program has commenced, Deutschstunde Inc. may choose to give me a credit note (in whole or in part).
d. Deutschstunde Inc. may withhold a $50 administrative fee from any refund or credit note.
- It is essential that at all times parents/guardians supervise students and any other children in their care who are approved to be on the premises. In particular:
a. Children must not be unattended at any time
b. Students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
c. Children must not play in the car park at the PLC or in any area not assigned to Deutschstunde.
d. Children must not play in the toilets or in the entry area.Wandering the PLC premises or usage of the playground facilities is not allowed for parents, students or siblings.
e. Deutschstunde Inc. requests that you remind other children of the above rules if they are near you.
- I understand that Deutschstunde Inc., the teachers and the property owner are not responsible for any damage or loss to me or any person in my care or to any of our possessions while we are on the premises where the classes are conducted. I, release and discharge Deutschstunde Inc. and each of the teachers from all liability, claims, demands, losses or damages on my account caused in whole or in part by any releasee, including by their negligence and I agree to indemnify the releasees against any such liability, claims, demands, losses or damages in the event anyone makes a claim against them.
- For online classes, the Zoom link or the Google Classroom link cannot be shared with anyone who is not enrolled in the class. This is considered a breach of privacy. The content on Google Classroom is Deutschstunde’s intellectual property. Please do not provide anyone outside of the class access to the material. The Zoom is a classroom; therefore, school behaviour is expected. Students are to be aware that all interactions, messaging, gestures and language used during a Zoom are school appropriate.
I have read and understood the above terms and conditions and agree to abide by them and the policies and procedures of the owner of the premises where the classes are conducted.